Reichhold is one of the worlds largest suppliers of resins for composite and coat-ing applications with over 25 manufacturing plants across the globe. Five of Reichhold plants with OSIsoft PI plant historians and OSIsoft AF (Asset Frame-work) needed upgrading. The OSIsoft systems are crucial to process performance reporting and plant production reporting. A seamless upgrade without loss of any historical data was a key requirement for Reichhold plant leaders.
Mipac, an OSIsoft partner and experienced in configuring and deploying the PI & AF systems, was engaged to upgrade these system. Mipac proposed and were able to undertake these upgrades remotely from its Brisbane head office.
- Establish/co-ordinate local plant project/system responsibilities
- Establish and confirm data connectivity
- Configure and test new Pi and AF systems
- Test plant data connectivity to new systems
- Implement/cutover plant data to new systems
- Migrate historical data to new systems
- Maintain plant data security
- All sites were upgraded without loss of data
- The upgrades were coordinated with local plant system managers and under-taken from Mipac’s Brisbane head office