Миграция действующей системы управления предприятием
Reichhold is one of the worlds largest suppliers of resins for composite and coating applications with over 25 manufacturing plants across the globe. The control system for the Port Moody plant in Canada was at the end of its support life and needed to be replaced with minimum impact on production. The most practical path was to migrate the existing Yokogawa Micro-XL to a Centum VP system.
Mipac’s extensive experience in both platforms and in undertaking operating plant upgrades and migrations underpinned this project. The plant had been operating from the existing control system for many years and original design documentation was often not available to support a migration. This required a significant effort in documentation and reverse engineering the current control strategies, process logic and alarm management.
- Design and procure the Yokogawa Centum VP system hardware
- Document and download the existing Yokogawa Micro-XL control platform
- Develop/migrate process logic on a like for like basis
- Configure and FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) the Yokogawa Centum VP system
- Detailed planning of the cutover/commissioning to be undertaken
- Conduct operator training/familarisation before the cutover
- Cutover/commissioning and post cutover support
- Support contractor and technical queries throughout cutover & commissioning
Основные моменты проекта
- This project was implemented to minimise unplanned production impact
- Operator and process support was resourced to ensure ramp up to full production capability