Working in tandem with Xstrata Technology, Mipac’s engineers are designing and commissioning the E, I & C systems for an increasing number of IsaMills™ at sites around the world.
The large workload has led Mipac to appoint a dedicated IsaMills™ team.
Headed by Project Manager Brian Forrester, the team has streamlined project delivery and improved quality and efficiency across all projects.
It is currently working on three sites in Canada.
“We have commenced commissioning on the Vale IsaMill in Canada which is to be controlled by a Rockwell PLC SCADA solution,” Brian says.
“Detailed design has also been completed and configuration has commenced on Terrane Metals’s Mt Milligan Project in Canada. These IsaMills will be controlled by an Emerson DeltaV DCS.”
Other projects include preparing a dual-language Siemens S7 solution for the Miheevsky IsaMill in Russia, and a Rockwell PLC SCADA solution for AngloGold Ashanti’s Cripple Creek Victor Gold Mine in the United States.
The IsaMill™ is the most energy efficient, highest-intensity, large-scale grinding machine on the market. It has a smaller footprint than equivalent ball and tower mills, and more streamlined installation and maintenance requirements.
Widely used in base metals, PGM, iron ore, industrial applications and gold processing plants, it is the preferred choice for regrinding concentrates, fine/ultra-fine grinding and mainstream grinding.
Mipac’s IsaMills™ team is currently active on the following IsaMills™ projects:
- Xstrata Copper — Las Bambas IsaMill, Peru
- MMG — Dugald River, north-west Queensland
- AngloGold Ashanti — Cripple Creek Victor Gold Mine, Colorado, USA
- Russian Copper Company — Miheevsky, Russia
- Teck Resources — Highland Valley
- Freeport McMoran — Climax IsaMill
- Thompson Creek Metals — Endako Expansion, British Colombia, Canada
- Xstrata Copper — Antapaccay, Tintaya, Peru
- Terrane Metals — Mount Milligan Project, British Colombia, Canada
- Vale Ontario Operations — Clarabelle Mill, CORe floatation project, Sudbury, Canada
- Newcrest Mining, Telfer, Western Australia.
For more information about IsaMills™ visit www.isamill.com