Challenging global economic conditions and difficulties finding staff with on-site experience mean more clients are seeking Mipac’s design, selection and procurement services.
Demand is also being driven because increasing numbers of clients have received poor results with other providers who lack the application experience to ensure equipment purchased is suited for the particular purpose.
“Procurement is a growing area for us; not every engineering company specialises in design and selection and instrumentation, plus we also ship worldwide,” Mipac Operations Manager Don Robinson says.”
“We frequently offer this service as part of a project but now we are responding to standalone requests.”
Mipac is vendor agnostic so its instrumentation team can advise on the best-possible products to achieve the best-possible results.
“We mitigate risk for our clients because we understand exactly what needs to be purchased to undertake a task properly,” Don says. “Plus our experienced in-house specialists have a high strike rate of ‘right first time’ so can secure equipment cost effectively.”
Recent orders include:
- custom designed and built field equipment enclosures
- control system hardware panels expedited to meet tight schedules
- full distributed control system complete with proprietary equipment preinstalled and tested in cabinets
- specialised instrumentation for specific applications (e.g. moisture analyser), and
- switches for an industrial network supplied preconfigured.
“Mipac makes it practical for clients to outsource procurement,” Don says. “Clients can have peace of mind that what is promised will be delivered.”